IDPs right to vote, innovations in local agriculture and handmade as a stress relief and source of income – these are the main topics covered by the Regional Voices journalists last week in Volyn oblast.
Photo credits: Larysa Belozerova, RV participant
The final Regional Voices production workshop for online and print media took place in in Lutsk on 27 February – 3 March. Thomson Foundation and IRMI, supported by the EU, have organized the training. Thirteen journalists from different regions mastered a free tool for multi-media story-telling called Shorthand to tell IDPs stories more effectively. The platform allows to integrate text, video, photos and citations very quickly. Check out RV journalists latest articles from Lutsk:
1. Diocletian and Cabbage in Volyn-style, by Larysa Bilozerova, DonPress (published here), 3 March, 2017
2. Changing lifestyle in Volyn village, by Olena Liposhko, Visnyk Kremenchuka, 3 March, 2017.
3. Art – as a Way to Survive, by Victoria Brodosiuk, Rubizhne, rayon.in.ua, 3 March, 2017.
4. Fight against law for constitutional rights, by Yaroslav Turenko, krnews.com.ua, Kropynytskyi, 3 March 2017.
5. Bird of Luck, by Ludmyla Maslova, Pershotravnevski Novyny newspaper, 3 March, 2017.
6. Luhansk – Lutsk: a success story of IDPs entrepreneurs, by Olena Loboda, Poltava News Agency ‘Novyny Poltavschyny’, 3 March, 2017
7. New Ideas and Park Upgrade – IDPs revitalize the community, by Yuriy Murovani, www.shkvarki.org, Dobropillia, 2 March, 2017.
8. Health As Falling Exercise, by Maryna Pykhyr, Znamia Indutrii, 3 March, 2017
9. Health as 10 minutes Falling Exercise, by Maryna Pukhyr, Znamia Industrii, 5 March, 2017
10.Not having Right to Vote, by Alla Kalynska, Kiliyskiy Visnyk and Izbirkom, 3 March, 2017
11. Just do it: IDPs Family in Lutsk about stereotypes, creativities and life goals, by Volodymyr Dedei, Persha Elektronna Gazeta, Kropyvnytskyi, 3 March, 2017.
12. “Do not Bend under Changeable World” by Oleg Koliev, Odesskie Izvestiia, Ismail, 3 March, 2017.
13. Panacea from All Problems, Stories of those who Fled the War, by Valeria Zaitseva, Misto nad Bugom, Vinnytsia, 3 March, 2017.
14. Ways of Socialization: Struggle vs Hand Made, by Maryna Guryanova, Cherkasy Today, 4 March, 2017.
ABOUT THE PROJECT: