In September 2015, Thomson Foundation, as part of a larger media consortium, launched a new project in Ukraine called Regional Voices: Strengthening Conflict Sensitive Coverage in Ukraine's Media, funded by the European Commission, funded by the EU. The overall objective of the project is to decrease potential areas of conflict through balanced news output in the regional media, thereby contributing to a decrease in communal tensions, specifically between IDPs and their host communities.
To ensure the Regional Voices project’s sound delivery, the Foundation is looking for a qualified content editor/website administrator, whose duties will be:
- Update www.regionalvoices.eu (news articles, event calendar, videos, photo gallery, interactive map details)
- Structure Vimeo based video archive of the Regional Voices Hub section.
- Following production workshops, upload video clips to Vimeo with short descriptions
- Adding English subtitles to videos in Ukrainian and Russian
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Experience with common CMS is a must, Craft CMS is desirable
- Understanding of video archives and data base management system
- Experience with Vimeo and Box storage maintenance
- Fluent Ukrainian and Russian, good level of English
- Able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and cooperate with the consortium partners
- Good eye for details.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, communications, design, or other related field.
This is a part-time position with flexible working hours.
DEADLINE: 21st August, 2016.